Thursday, December 6, 2012

This is your song.

It's funny how one song can bring back a rush of memories for you. Tonight "River God" by Nichole Nordeman did that for me. Good memories. I flashed back to me sitting in front of hundreds of people at church playing the piano and singing this exact song. Letting the Holy Spirit take over and allowing me to freely share what i Loved. I did not know the impact I had that day until I saw several people in the pews crying and wiping their eyes when I was done. I knew God had worked through my voice that day. Then I flashed to playing/singing this song at my grandmother's baptism and how much it meant that I could share that moment with her with my song. Another memory of me on the McMurry quad sitting by myself playing my guitar and singing praise songs. Hours in the practice rooms playing and singing......not because I had to but because I wanted to do it.
 Of course, being a music major you had those things called Juries and music hours but even those times bring good memories.  That feeling when you have worked so hard at something and you close your recital with a standing ovation. Good memories. But sad memories too. Only sad because I remember how much I LOVED singing. How much I LOVED being on stage and sharing what God gave me. They say God gives you this beautiful talent and if you don't use it then you lose it. You can't take these gifts lightly. I have to admit...I am actually scared to try to find it. Only because I have stayed away for so long. And I am afraid that God won't give it back. ...sorry for the randomness.
 :) Just something that was on my heart.


Be brave.
Amanda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe God has taken it from you. In fact, I believe He desires for you to step into that place where you are singing freely, only to Him, in the midst of all the chaos. You lose the right to be stingy and choose your own plans when you realize your gifts and talents are from Him though. He holds us accountable to that end.
I definitely want you to sing with abandon. It absolutely fills my heart. I'm hard pressed to find anything nearly as beautiful on this earth. I Love You Beautiful!

Amanda Ledford said...

Love you too! :))