Saturday, August 27, 2011

Recovery Begins...




So I have been thinking alot lately about struggles. Some people struggle financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually, and the list could go on. You know what it all comes back to??---Jesus. It's easy to say that to someone isnt it? When you see someone struggle and too tired to fight---you tell them---have you prayed about it? Have you asked God to help you? I have said that before to others and they just stared blankly at me. I am reminded that to some people its not that easy...they can't just sit down and pray. They need help. They need someone to sit down and pray with them...they need someone to turn to Jesus with them. They need someone to care and someone to be that person that they need to get them through the dark. Because everything looks bigger in the dark. Sometimes...things are personified for those that may not know about hope. Everything seems like it would be that painful, be that bad-forever.....no hope. I have hope. And although i have my struggles and things that bring me down...I have hope.

I just encourage everyone to stop and look around them for those that are struggling and see how you could help them. Take a step back and instead of judging that person for all their struggles and burdens...HELP them. I am sure that someone might have come to mind while reading this. Depression and confusion constantly walk among us--and we know it but we want to ignore it because it makes us uncomfortable. Silent battles are everywhere and we need to do more than pray for that person--we need to help them see that there is hope. When a person believes they have hope that is when recovery begins.


This is an amazing song by Fireflight...if you have never heard of them or listened to them...I really recommend that you look them up. They have some great stuff. I thought I would share the lyrics of the song RECOVERY BEGINS. Some really great stuff. Okay, I will stop babbling now. :)


I talk, I talk too much
I never open up
To what You need to say
My words get in the way

I search for stillness
But worry kills it
I need to clear my head
I'm tired, I need to rest

It all comes down to this
The quiet in the end
I listen for Your voice
Recovery begins

The times I hear You most
Are when You bring me close
I'll follow as You guide
While darkness turns to light

Whisper to me, whisper to me
Whisper to me, whisper to me

No comments: