Monday, August 22, 2011

...you make me wanna be brave..


This is my little man. I can't believe he started 3 year old preschool today!! Talk about a weird day for me! I was so sad that my baby is growing up and so proud at what an amazing little boy he is becoming. I have to tell you...I cried more that he did. In fact, he did not even cry. lol. He was a little apprehensive at first and wanted me to stick around a minute. I watched at how brave he was this morning and I was just taken back by how confident and grown up he seemed. He is only 3 people! :) I watched as his friends took his hand and he walked off...for my benefit I'm sure... he said, "I will miss you, mommy. I love you." ...then he went on his way. This is a familiar place he is at..he was there last year in the Terrific Twos...but this is something new..something different..its 3 year old preschool!! :)

I thought about this..and how I deal with things in my every day life..and I realize that is how God wants us to be with His plans (not ours)...He wants us to follow His plans because they are perfect...and be brave...and be confident..because He has already given us the tools to do these things for Him..we just have to be willing to do them. Sometimes I wish I could be as brave as my 3 year old. :) We could learn a lot from our kids. Just something to think about. Be brave.

"I am small
And I speak when I'm spoken to
But I am willing to risk it all
I say Your name
Just Your name and I'm ready to jump
Even ready to fall..."


Love and Blessings
Amanda

1 comment:

Amanda McCusker said...

Beautifully said. We really can learn a lot from our kids. I can't believe he is so big already!